Magazine Background Image

Leek Road

Times Echo and Life / Leek Road

December 16, 2021

Overheated phone charger causes bedroom blaze

A bedroom blaze that broke out at a property in the Moorlands is believed to have been accidentally caused by an overheated phone charger, emergency services say. Members of the Staffordshire Fire & Rescue Service were called to a home on Leek Road in Cheadle after receiving reports of a fire at the dwelling on Monday afternoon (December 13).

Read More 1,548 Views

August 22, 2019

Hundreds of children take on reading challenge

A NATIONAL reading scheme has proved popular with children in a Moorlands town, with hundreds joining in the fun. The Summer Reading Challenge, organised by the Reading Agency, is an annual countrywide project which invites school children to read a number of books based on a certain topic during the summer holidays. For 2019, a theme of 'Space Chase' has been chosen where youngsters are encouraged to read more on fictional life beyond the earth.

Read More 665 Views
Pre Footer 2 571×105 (Left)
Pre Footer 1 571×105 (Right)

Web Design Company