Magazine Background Image

Fire

December 16, 2021

Overheated phone charger causes bedroom blaze

A bedroom blaze that broke out at a property in the Moorlands is believed to have been accidentally caused by an overheated phone charger, emergency services say. Members of the Staffordshire Fire & Rescue Service were called to a home on Leek Road in Cheadle after receiving reports of a fire at the dwelling on Monday afternoon (December 13).

Read More 1,240 Views

July 29, 2021

Man remains in critical condition after fire at petrol station

A man who was seriously injured at a petrol station fire in the Moorlands remains in a critical condition in hospital. The incident happened on Tuesday (July 27) afternoon at the petrol station in Brookhouses, Cheadle.

Read More 3,313 Views

July 27, 2021

Man seriously injured at petrol station fire

A man has been seriously injured at a fire in a petrol station in the Moorlands. The incident happened today (Tuesday, July 27) at around 5pm at the petrol station in Brookhouses, Cheadle.

Read More 3,999 Views

May 5, 2021

Police appeal for eye witnesses after park fire

Police are appealing for eye witnesses to come forward after a blaze, which was started deliberately, in a town park. The fire, which threatened to damage nearby properties, happened at Cheadle Park on Monday, April 26.

Read More 984 Views

April 29, 2021

Arson attack on town park

Multiple fire crews tackled a large blaze in Cheadle this week – a fire which had been deliberate, according to the fire service. It is understood that several separate fires were deliberately lit on a piece of land off Park Lane, near to the town centre in the early evening of Monday (April 26).

Read More 1,184 Views

December 18, 2020

“I really cannot thank everyone enough”

A family has been overwhelmed by the support they have received from a Moorlands community following a house fire which destroyed most of the family's possessions. The fire at a property in Dovedale Close in Cheadle happened on Saturday, December 5 and saw many of Jen Marie and her children's possessions destroyed by the blaze.

Read More 1,444 Views

September 9, 2020

Fire at village public toilets

A council is having to use more than £1,000 in tax payers money to repair and clean up a public toilet facility after a fire broke out at the premises. The incident happened at the public toilets on New Road in Upper Tean on Saturday, August 29.

Read More 938 Views

March 12, 2020

“I’ve lost everything” – retired nurse says she is “devastated” after freak house fire

AN ELDERLY lady says she is “devastated” after a fire ripped through her home last month, leaving her having to find a temporary home. 83-year-old Margaret Keane, of Cheadle, was out shopping with her son on the afternoon of February 16 when her bungalow on Robina Drive caught fire, reportedly from lightning amidst Storm Dennis. The retired nurse of 37 years said she had just spent £1,800 of her savings on decorating the Your Housing property following what was supposed to be her “final move” in March 2019.

Read More 1,484 Views

May 30, 2019

Garden sheds and toilet block damaged by ‘mindless vandalism’

GARDEN sheds, fencing and a public toilet block have been damaged after 'mindless vandalism' caused a fire by a town's recreation grounds. The incident happened at around 7pm last Wednesday (May 22) at the back of the recreation grounds in Tean Road, Cheadle. Staffordshire Police have confirmed that they were called to a report of a shed fire on Mill Road, Cheadle at around 7.30pm on May 22.

Read More 2,281 Views

April 4, 2019

Thanks to young men who helped tackle blaze

AN ELDERLY couple from Cheadle have thanked two youths who helped put out a fire at their home. The pair had reported smelling gas at their home three times before a blaze outside their bungalow last week. Two young men passing by spotted the flames and dialled 999 before leaping into action to extinguish the fire.

Read More 1,087 Views

April 4, 2018

Hero Chris wins bravery award after helping to save crash pilot

A CYCLIST who rescued a pilot after a light aircraft crashed near Uttoxeter has been handed a top bravery award.

Read More 1,361 Views

March 14, 2018

Lucky Edna backs safety campaign

A PENSIONER has admitted she is lucky to have avoided injury after a fire at her home.

Read More 987 Views
Pre Footer 2 571×105 (Left)
Pre Footer 1 571×105 (Right)

Web Design Company