BOUNDARY walls at a village church have been repaired with help from JCB. The digger giant donated £5,000 towards vital renovations at the Church of St John the Evangelist in Hollington. The historic Grade II listed building is just a few miles from JCB’s World Headquarters in Rocester.
The Rev Liz Jones, vicar of the parish said: “The church is lucky to have a dedicated group of fundraisers, ‘The Friends of St John’s’, chaired by Ivor Moseley, and they have worked tirelessly to ensure the church and grounds are well maintained.
“The Friends approached JCB for support as they are our near neighbours and many parishioners have associations with the company.
“We are immensely grateful for their help in renovating the boundary wall which has now been fully restored to stand the test of time.”
The Victorian Gothic style church was built in 1861 and designed by internationally acclaimed architect George Edmund Street.
To find out more about the church, visit: www.rdch.org.uk/stjohnshollington.htm.
We are the only family run, independent newspaper and magazine business in Staffordshire, established 1896. We are home to three weekly newspapers – The Cheadle and Tean Times (aka The Stunner), The Uttoxeter Echo and The Blythe and Forsbrook Times.
We also produce Peeps into the Past, a bi-monthly nostalgic glimpse into our photographic archives, and three bi-monthly glossy lifestyle magazines – Stone and Eccleshall Life, Leek Life and Newcastle Life.
T. 01538 752214 or 753162
18 Tape Street, Cheadle, Staffs ST10 1BD
T. 01889 562479
5 Church Street, Uttoxeter, Staffs ST14 8AG (Uttoxeter Office is a postal address only) CURRENT OPENING TIMES
Mon & Tues 9am-11am